Sunday 23 February 2014

CURRENT FAVORITES JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2014: Fierce Lipstick, Betty Boop and H2O, Oh My!

JANUARY FAVOURITES 2014
 
January is over, February is here, let's get FIERCE!  Lipstick, lipstick, lipstick, I LOVE FIERCE MAGENTA LIPSTICKS!  Earlier this month, I bought and reviewed lipsticks from a natural makeup company, Fierce Magenta .  Now, I'm in love.  These lippies are highly pigmented, creamy, and surprisingly enough don't stain your lips.  And, being the cheap-o that I am, you know these lippies are a great value ($7 - $10).

Often, we steer clear of bold and highly pigmented lippies because they stain our lips which leads to "scrubbing" our lips and thus making them irritated and dry.  But, my next favourite does anything but dry the lips - that good ol' H2O a.k.a. water!  "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."  Okay, so, I know, I know, I should know better and do better when it comes to water (and I'm definitely not a horse) but sometimes I'm a slow learner.  Water is good for me and NOW I know it 100%.  My skin looks better, I feel better and I'm no longer thirsty.  #goodol'H2O

Well, water isn't the only thing that does a body good, less stress always decreases the mess (I really should copyright that last bit  :)  Betty Boop helps me de-stress?  WHAT?!  YUP!  :)  Inside of that Betty Boop notepad that I just absoLUTEly love are are the ramblings of my minds' eye that can cause it to clutter and get stressed.  I write down ideas, plans, goals, worries and that, too, does a body good.  Thanks Betty Boop (notebook).

 
 
"Big things come in small packages."  Who said that?  Well, whoever said it was spot on!  That little yellow container you see with the brown lid is one of those little packages with a big surprise (pause for the obvious dirty joke  :)  Ok, back to the regularly scheduled blog...Garnier Ultra Doux Intense Nutrition Mask.  WHEW!  This stuff is fiyah!  It smells like paradise in a tub, feels like a heavenly cloud and moisturises and conditioner your hair as effectively as an oasis in the middle of the desert gives ecstatic relief to all those who which to partake of its' blatantly enticing goodness.  Get some, ya won't regret it  :)
 
SNAIL ON MY FACE!??!!!!  Now, y'all know, I had to get funky wit' cha!  While Garnier is well-known and established, I had no idea about the benefits of snail extract and micellar water, until now.  When I tell y'all that my skin is ultra-sensitive, I mean it!  I have been searching so long for that something special that would help to keep my skin calm after shavings and hair and makeup removal (um, yeah, a sistah is hairy).  Enter Victoria Beauty Snail Extract Micellar Cleansing Water.  After using a hair removal cream, my face is usually sre and irritated.  What I do right after I remove the cream is to place a Victoria Beauty Snail Extract Micellar Cleansing Water-soaked paper towel/napkin on my face for 5 minutes.  When I remove the towel/napkin my face is still sensitive but much less irritated and the burn that I usually feel after this type of hair removal is lessened significantly.  A second benefit of Victoria Beauty Snail Extract Micellar Cleansing Water is its' maintenance of my oil production.  During the day and night, my face produces oil like Pharell Williams produces hits, constantly and consistently.  Yeah, yeah, I know, I always get compliments on how young I look and I have the acne and oil to prove it.  What I do with the cleansing water is put 2-3 squirts on to a cotton ball and wipe my face whenever I see/feel the oil getting out of control.  The cleansing water doesn't further the breakouts and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed. 
 #Victoria Beauty Snail Extract Micellar Cleansing Water
 
From the face to the hair - Lilly Drogerie Velnea Hair Oil and Schwarzkopf GLISS Hair Repair with Liquid Keratin Complex Oil Elixir.  A natural hair sistah say WHAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!!!!!  Both these products are an oasis in the desert of my sometimes dry, natural hair.  The hair oil both moisturizes and seals in my hair's moisture while the Schwarzkopf  Hair Repair acts as a hydrator for daily use. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these affordable hair angels.


Last but certainly not least, the Green Tea with Lemon and the Hydrogen Peroxide.  These favourites are more health related, the tea helps clear up my skin and the hydrogen peroxide helped heal my recent lip piercings.  Yet, both can be used on a consistent and regular basis to keep me feeling marvellous, beautiful and healthy. 

Yeah, I know this was long but I just really love these items and I hope you found something that will help you as well.  Till next time, CIAO 4 NOW, Y'ALL!  Bye-bye  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment